Tuesday, May 17, 2011

You are my confidence.

It's so good to sit down, after a long and very emotionally draining day at work, and just rest. Life has a way of wearing away at us, like water beating against a rock. It's difficult, but nothing that is worth having comes easy. And there is a beauty that is only birthed out of pain; a real, full, rich life that is rooted out of triumphing over difficulty and uncertainty. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, "It's the mountaintop times we long for but it's in the valleys that we truly grow." The times spent on the mountaintop are wonderful and refreshing our soul but we cannot live on mountaintop experiences. Christ is our rock, our confidence. When life is an uphill climb we can be confident that Christ the rock holding us strong while the currents try to pull us away. How beautiful.... Christ... our confidence. I am confident in nothing. not my flesh, not in my job, not even in the people that I love.... in Jesus Christ! HE is my one and only confidence. And I am confident that "neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries for tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39) Be confident today and make Christ YOUR confidence. God bless!!

In Christ Alone,
~Ilene Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment