Friday, May 13, 2011

"Have you seen the one that fits this glass slippers!"

Tonight I sat and watched Christian Fellowship Academy perform Cinderella's Glass Slipper and what a blessed evening it was. The casting was brilliant, the band beautiful, the costumes enchanting, and the night wonderful. After a long week at work it was so refreshing to step into a room full of smiling familiar faces. Some faces I've seen recently, some not for five or six years, but all so beautiful to me!

As I sat there and soaked up the performance though my mind was constantly drawn to two things. The first was the heart and wishes our heart makes. As I sat there listening to the cast sing about dreams and such it go me thinking about the bigger picture. I know I speak for myself when I say it can be a challenge sometimes to take your thoughts captive. It is so easy to see people around you and wish I had this or that, but have we ever stopped to think about the dreams, and the plans, and the hopes, and desires that GOD has for us?! God has so much in store for us that we don't even know... we cannot know! And just like the chest upstairs that was empty to Cinderella's awareness, God has placed a beautiful dress, beautiful plans and future, in that chest that if we only trust Him and go look we will see He is trustworthy.

And sitting there in that auditorium listening to the beautiful voices sing "Dream of Tomorrow" etc. I couldn't help but think of all the tomorrows that God has dreamed and planned for us!! How exciting is that?! We know that we have a plan and a purpose that has been fabricated by the very Creator of the world!!

Secondly, the thought that crossed my mind was during the sequence with Cinderella and the Prince. As I watched them dialog back and forth I thought about Jesus, our Prince. I know it seems a bit out on a bunny trail but my mind is a strange and curious thing. As I sat there, I began to think about how Christ, our Prince, is hot on the pursuit for us! He is not just casually asking "Have you seen my bride?" but He's looking, seeking, pursuing us!! "Is there not one that will fit this slipper!?!?!" And for a moment I got choked up because I realized that there are many that want to be royalty but have no desire to LOVE the Prince!! Did you hear me?! Let me say it one more time. There are many that want to be royalty but have NO desire to love the Prince. Lord, let it never be said that I was royalty but didn't love the Prince!!! Let me be one that was known for my LOVE for You!!

Christ is our Prince. I have nothing more to say. We will never understand how deep, and how long, and how high, and how wide the love of Christ is for us! Lord, draw us in to Your love more!! Pull us under and saturate us!! Drowned us in Your unquenchable love and let us never be the same again!!

In Christ Alone,
~Ilene Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment