Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Short & Sweet

So, as of late, I have been contemplating relationships. I have been eying others, courting, dating, married, etc. I have been observing and weighing the commitment and responsibility that is gone into a relationship. The love, the sacrifice, the forgiveness, the time... and then I look at my past. I see the 'relationships' that I had and all their dysfunctions. I see how, in a sad and pathetic attempt to preserve something that was started wrong, I tried to lead the guy and push him closer to the Lord. I tried to center our relationship on God when he wanted it to be about him.

I have seen the selfish side of relationships. I have seen the ugly, the hurtful, the harmful, but God has used those times in my life as a way of helping other girls around me realize they deserve better and I deserve better then that. People don't always get me. People misunderstand me, even my own family, but the Lord spoke to me when I was young Habakkuk 2:3 "... Though he linger, wait for him. He will surely come and will not delay." I know that God has someone special for me out there, but first and foremost I am His! He is my beloved and I am His! Nothing shall separate me and my Jesus! he is my first love, my last love, and my only love. He may give me another love but only in His time and so I wait for him patiently. I am not anxious for anything but present my requests to the Lord and pray for His will in my life.

What is so short and sweet about this blog? Life is short.... singleness is shorter. Remember that it is a GIFT from God!! Enjoy it because you can never go back to these days! And sweet! This life is full of sweet things but if we focus on "When am I going to meet him/her?!" "When am I going to get married?!" When will I feel like my life is starting?!" then we will miss every sweet moment that was a gift, a treat, for us from God! Enjoy singleness! It's short and sweet!!

God bless!!

In Christ Alone,
~Ilene Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment