Thursday, April 12, 2012

Peace. Be still. and KNOW...

There is a rustling in the spirit. I feel a changing of the tides, in my life and I cannot explain it. I cannot capsulize it. I cannot change it. There is a stirring in my heart that says "Come. Come and be still. Come and stand next to Me as I show you the plans I have for you." 




I don't know where you are at today but I know for myself I find that I can sometimes get so caught up in the joys of others and I begin to say "What about me Lord? What do you have for me?" And I hear the Lord each and every whisper to me, "Peace. Be still." And I KNOW... and I am revived in my spirit. That "yes" the Lord does have good things in store for me. 


There is something about resting that at times can be so "back burner". The thought of a break or resting sounds wonderful but then you think of the million other things that need to be done and you never rest. God created the world in 6 days and on the 7th day... He rested. He rested. There is something about resting that is so important. 

Relaxation
  • gives the heart a rest by slowing the heart rate
  • reduces blood pressure
  • slows the rate of breathing, which reduces the need for oxygen
  • increases blood flow to the muscles
  • decreases muscle tension
Results of relaxation
  • more energy
  • better sleep
  • enhanced immunity
  • increased concentration
  • better problem-solving abilities
  • greater efficiency
  • smoother emotions — less anger, crying, anxiety, frustration
  • less headaches and pain


Now that was showing you the natural side of resting. How much more could resting in the spirit look like and do for your spirit? Lets try this again.

Relaxation
  • gives the heart a rest by slowing down and focusing on God
  • reduces stress and anxiety 
  • slows the thoughts and "to do" lists down to what really matters
  • increases joy, peace, perseverance, etc.
  • decreases negativity 
Results of relaxation
  • more joy
  • better sleep (dreams and visions from the Lord)
  • enhanced immunity to be able to fight the enemy
  • increased concentration and clears our thoughts from distractions 
  • better problem-solving abilities and discernment
  • greater efficiency
  • smoother emotions — less anger, crying, anxiety, frustration
  • less headaches and pain (when you take care of your inner man first the outer man with feel the rewards of it)

Now how do you feel? God knew that rest was and IS essential. 

Maybe that is you today too. Could you imagine that maybe  it's not just a "I feel" "You feel" thing but a "We feel". I'm believing for a fresh wind under your wings today. I pray for rest and peace to be yours. Listen to that still small voice that says "Peace. Be still." It's not a harsh scolding but God is speaking to your spirit because you and I both need to stop and rest in Him. 




Even though my life doesn't look as I, in my finiteness (is that even a word? oh well... I made it one.), imagined it would 5 years ago, I know that God is in control. He is the Author AND finisher and I can rest and know that at the end of the day it was and is and forever will be for His glory. My life is in His hands. My heart is in His hands. My hope and my life song is in His hands. And my destiny and all I hope to be is in Him. <3 God bless you all so much! 


In Christ Alone,
~Ilene Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment